In recent years, the top income tax rate on realized long-term capital gains rose from 15% to 20% (23.8% when you consider the Net Investment Income Tax) and the rate for short-term gains rose from 35% to 43.4% for top taxpayers. No one wants to hear that taxes are rising, but no matter where rates stand, taxes – and expenses – have always been a drag on investment results. Minimizing that drag is a key benefit of “overlay portfolio management.” Pitcairn was among the first in the financial industry to apply a sophisticated portfolio overlay, our Tax Optimization Program, to help protect client investments from tax erosion.
Home » Articles » Overlay Portfolio Management: It’s Not What You Make, but What You Keep that Matters
- Pitcairn Wins Multi-Family Office (Client Initiative) & Women in Wealth Management at 2018 Family Wealth Report Awards
- Tax Reform 2018: How Different Types of Taxpayers Will Be Impacted
- Wealth Momentum: The New Framework for Multi-Generational Success
- On the Road: A Flying Visit to Philadelphia
- Family Wealth Report Awards