July 28, 2021 - The first half of 2021 ended with a bullish market backdrop driven by robust GDP growth and astounding earnings growth. Yet, all is not rosy, as markets attempt to make sense of a promising economy recovery fraught with two challenges: inflation and the Delta variant.
In this month's The Market in Five Charts, Chief Investment Officer Rick Pitcairn assesses:
- The market's potential reaction to an expected blockbuster earnings season
- Unprecedented stimulus fueling an accelerating economy and rapid market recovery
- The cause-and-effect of stimulus and short-term inflation
- The Delta variant's potential impact on global risk markets
- A speculative market and how history portends a potential summer pullback